Online Store FAQS WATCH: Woman, 11, dies from accidental fire at house in Kansas

WATCH: Woman, 11, dies from accidental fire at house in Kansas

A fire at a home in southern Kansas has killed 11-year-old Hannah Hester.

The girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

It was the second fire in Kansas this week.

Hester’s mother told KTVI that Hannah had been spending time with her younger sister, who lives at the home.

“It’s a terrible tragedy,” KTVJ’s Maryann Coker reported.

“We just need to get her back home and find out what happened.”

A man who was living at the house told Fox News that the boy had been staying with his sister and had been drinking alcohol.

He said the boy was not on drugs, and that he was “a good kid.”

“I was really upset when I heard the news,” the man said.

“Hannah was the nicest kid, and she had a really nice heart.”

The fire, which was discovered Friday, was caused by a battery, according to the Kansas City Star.

A Kansas City police spokesman said that investigators have no suspect information.

Hessler’s death is the second to occur at a residence in Kansas in the past week.

Earlier this month, a 15-year old boy died of injuries suffered in a fire at his home in nearby Hays County, according a report from KCTV5.

In January, a 20-year age difference was reported when a fire broke out in a home on Interstate 50.

The fire started in a closet.

No one was injured in that fire, the station reported.